Saturday 22 January 2011

Ibaraki's 1st Snow

I was actually under the impression that I would have to wait for at least another 3 weeks before I got a chance to see the flaky white stuff but lo-and-behold, snow started falling on the night of 15th January 2011. Yay! *massive grin

At first it was more like sleet and wet and miserable-looking but then the 'proper' white stuff started falling. And falling and falling and you guessed it, falling. It probably snowed for about 8 hours straight. Though, the next morning I found out that it hadn't really built up much. At least not much when compared to the 8 inches or so of snow that the kids who lived in the southern regions got. Apparently, living pretty close to the seaside means that snow doesn't really come your way often enough or in 'enough' quantities.

Oh, just when I was starting to feel sucky about other people getting more snow I slipped on an ice-patch while cycling and fell on my ass. That did it. Snow, you can go.

 Like fairy dust :)

Like Narnia...?


...

2 comments: