Monday 25 February 2013

Spring Trends of 2013 in Japan

1. Coloured Trench Coats

After attending a friend's solemnization at Tokyo Camii Mosque, Yoyogi, Tokyo we all headed to Ginza for the wedding reception. After that was done, I took a stroll down Ginza looking at all the shops. I noticed quite a few stores, both Japanese and European high-end brands, carrying coloured trench coats. Open most magazines this month and you'll probably see this trend too. I like it. The colours add a playful touch to the structured jackets.

The collection at Honey's. Retails at¥3990.
The link for the coats above : here

2. Denim & Chambray Tops

Also adorning many a mannequins this season are the versatile Chambray and Denim tops. The denim tops are a bit thicker than the chambray but would be totally appropriate for the early Spring weeks seeing as how it's still pretty chilly at that time.


I got the above top at The GAP today. They were having a sale. It was originally ¥4400 but I got it for ¥2900. It's light but opaque enough that my inner wear won't be peeking through. I got this in L even though I'm usually a S/M because I wanted it to have a very casual and airy look to it.

Check out celebrities rocking this trend below. Gives you an idea of how to style them yourself.




3. Army Green Anorak Jackets

Popped into Forever21's Ginza outlet and this caught my eye. I'm big on embellishments and I have a soft spot for studs and spikes specifically. Again, I saw a lot of mannequins with this on.


This particular top is from Forever 21. Retails at ¥4580. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment