Friday 8 July 2016

My Musee Platinum Experience

Taken from their website
I have seen the Musee Platinum branches all over Japan in the past couple of years but I've never given trying them out any thought. I've always had this image that they would be super expensive and kind of painful.

However, last summer in August, I noticed that they were doing a promotion. Only ¥100 for unlimited sessions for the armpit and V-area. At first I couldn't believe that it would truly be unlimited but after checking out their website for more information, turns out it really is unlimited with absolutely no hidden charges whatsoever.

So I booked an appointment at the nearest Musee Platinum branch near me. You have to book an appointment if you want to come their branches, doesn't matter if it's only for a consultation but there are a lot of time slots and they open on weekends so it's not a big deal.

When I came for my consultation, they explained the lasering process and I was assured that there would be little to no pain. They also explained that the ¥100 promotion had not other fees and I could book as many sessions as I wanted until I was satisfied. They reminded me that I would have to wait 2 months in between appointments to give the skin time to recover from the previous session. You are also advised to stop shaving(with a normal shaver), waxing, and epilating altogether and to start using a battery operated shaver which is softer on the skin.

I wouldn't recommend laser hair removal if you want instant results. It will take at least 4 sessions(which means 8 months) till you truly see visible hair reduction but it is permanent so for me that makes the time worth it.

My Experience : 
After the 1st session, I didn't notice any difference but after the 2nd session I noticed that the hairs on the lasered area were softer and less coarse. After the 3rd session, I noticed that there were definitely less hairs on the lasered area and the hairs were even more fine and softer than before.

I seriously felt no pain at all during the 1st to 4th session but during my 5th session it did feel a bit hot on the skin but it went away after a few seconds so I don't mind. After they've lasered the skin, a cold compress will be applied on the skin for a minute or two then they will apply the skin finishing lotion to help with any dryness you may have. (I love their lotion! It is super light on the skin, smells great and doesn't leave a sticky feeling. I like using them in the warmer months as a daily skin moisturiser.) Every body part takes less than 2 minutes to finish lasering so a complete session where I usually have 5~6 parts lasered takes less than 15 minutes.

I have since added multiple parts to my laser regimen. They have a few menus for you to choose from depending on how many body parts you want lasered. I just took the Free Select Course which allows me to pick any part I want for each session.

Musee Platinum always has some kind of promotion going on throughout the year so the prices will never be as high as they show on the website. When I bought my Free Select Course, there was a 50% Off Summer Sale and I also got additional discounts because I paid in cash instead of credit card.

You will also get Birthday Coupons which gives you a free session and if you introduce you friends then you'll get more discounts for yourself too!

Anyways, I'm not going to explain everything in this post because I just wanted to focus on my personal experience as customer for close to 1 year. You can check them out at Musee Website. They also have branches in Musee Platinum Malaysia Website and Musee Platinum Singapore Website.

If you have any questions, just comment below!

2 comments:

  1. But how high is your pain tolerance?! :-O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not that high because I am a wuss! For example it took at least 4/5 tries with an epilator over the course of a few months before I was "strong" enough to not get tears from the pain hahaha
      The pain I felt during my latest laser session sekejap je like literally 1~3 saat bukan macam sakit klu waxing ke which lasts for up to a few hours.

      Oh yeah, how much does laser hair removal usually cost in SK? Is it common for people to go?

      Delete