Sunday 6 January 2013

LUSH Shampoo ( Liquid & Bar ) Review

I started buying LUSH products maybe like 2 years ago, I think. I fell in love with the smell! You can literally smell the scent of a LUSH shop 5~8 meters away, depending on your nose's strength.

My current hair/scalp situation : I have medium length hair (they go down a few inches below my shoulders). My hair is quite thick and wavy with curls on the ends. I tend to have a bit of dandruff but it's not major and hardly noticeable. The hair that's closest to my roots get oily after a day of washing and by the end of the second day, it can feel really heavy. Since I wear a scarf, my head is covered around 12 hours every single day. Besides the slight dandruff and oiliness, I don't have any other qualms like split ends or whatever.

The first shampoo I tried out was the I LOVE JUICY liquid shampoo. I bought the middle sized one because I wasn't sure if it was going to do my hair any good or not.
From the website : from the US site
FEATURES
  • Get fruity: Fresh pineapple, papaya, kiwi and mango juices saturate our fruity shampoo and leave hair clean, healthy and shiny.
  • Take a dip in the sea: A pinch of salt adds a dash of volume and scoops of seaweed gel add softness.
  • No more oil slick: You'll love juicy when you realize your once oily locks are squeaky clean and shiny.

My thoughts : It really does work. It does everything it says it will. After just one wash, my slightly oily hair near the roots felt light and fresh. It was so oil-free that it made my hair have more body and more oomph. The scent while it's still in the bottle is refreshing but once used on the head, the scent becomes a bit too chemical-ish. It's not a super bad or something but just not that nice. Hair feels great even after a day of wearing a scarf.

I've been using this for about 2 months now. I use it once a week because I don't think my head can handle it any more than that. I use the h&s shampoo in between this one. 

Price : 500g ¥2,600 / 250g ¥1,500 / 100g ¥800

The second shampoo I tried out was the Karma Komba solid shampoo. I wanted to see how effective solid shampoos are when compared with the usual liquid ones. The LUSH website recommends this one for dandruff related problems.
From the website : from the US site

FEATURES

  • No more knotty business: Karma Komba is also fantastic for detangling wavy, curly locks.
  • Lovely lavendin: Used in our entire Karma range, lavendin is soothing, calming, and works to calm the emotions.
  • Flake bar: No, not the British chocolate. The essential oils in Karma Komba are also beneficial in keeping dandruff at bay.

My thoughts : This did not disappoint at all. It foamed up really well which is awesome because I do love at least a substantial amount of bubbles while I'm massaging my head with a product. My roots/scalp felt clean after just one wash. You can really see results after the first use. I also use this once a week, maybe even once every two weeks if I feel my hair and head don't really need it on that particular week. I bought this with the LUSH metal case and after the first wash the shampoo bar had stuck to the bottom of the case so I couldn't get it out, so when I use it I just grab onto the case and kind of push the shampoo in circular motions directly on to my hair. After I've built up enough foam, I'll massage it into my scalp for around 5 minutes. Similar to the above liquid shampoo, this does not smell pleasant. It has a really "organic" scent, if you can imagine that. I'm sure any of you that have tried organic toiletries can understand what kind of smell I'm talking about here. 

Side note :  Both shampoos, while great for my scalp and hair that's close to the roots, can be a tiny bit drying for the rest of my hair. My hair becomes a bit hard and feels plastic-like(like Barbie's hair) after using them but a good moisturising conditioner from mid-length of hair right down to the ends will help amazingly. 

Price :  55g ¥890

No comments:

Post a Comment