Saturday 19 April 2008

I Got It


I woke up yesterday feeling like I had something to do but I just couldn't remember it. So, after getting up and brushing my teeth, it finally hit me. Today (18/4/08) was the day that the results for the JPA scholarship for France and Japan would be out! But still kinda groggy from my sleep I kinda hobbled (don't ask!) downstairs. Turned on my comp. Went to the website. Typed in my IC no. Waited patiently for it to process. And had a HEART ATTACK, which lasted for 5 minutes I think (ok, this is an exaggeration on my part but I had to get it across that I was so bloody shocked!).

It basically siad something like " TAHNIAH. Saudara/saudari telah dipilih untuk mengikuti Program Pengajian Luar Negara 2008 yada yada yada...." I think I read it like 4 times before it finally hit me that I'd actually, really, seriously got IT! (don't look at the screen thinking 'how slow could her brain get?').

It said that I had to reply by 19/4/08 so after recovering from my shock and calling up my dad to tell him I'd gotten 'it' and talking it over with my mum, I replied with a 'terima'.

Anyways, the program that I'd gotten was the Engineering in Japan. So, I started looking up for blogs where people described their time, life, experiences and etc. while living in Japan. The cost of living there is really high. Like through the roof high! But based on what I've read, JPA does give you enough to live on (thank God!).

According to the programme's structure, I'll be spending 2 years at UTM to learn the Japanese language and the basics of engineering. Then, I'll be spending 3 years in Japan to do the engineering course and IF I do really well while I'm there, JPA will sponsor me for an extra 2 years to further my studies in Japan. So, all in all, I'll spend 7 years studying, 5 of which would be in Japan. Sounds surreal, doesn't it ?

The JPA website said that the official hardcopy of the offer letter would be arriving soon and a dude on LYN said it'd probably arrive today by pos laju.

So, here I am, at home, waiting patiently for my letter.

To all of you that also succeded in getting the scholarship to Japan and France (the ones who got France will be leaving for France next month, so cool!) I humbly congratulate you and wish you GOOD LUCK !

2 comments:

  1. hey hey thanks for ur comment.. sorry for the late reply.. well, it is quite long, but i don't think it would be a waste..

    the scholarship can be considered as the most expensive one given out by JPA.. everyone here goes travelling and sight-seeing almost every summer holiday.. to europe and china, korea.. everywhere ^^

    and i'll tell u one thing.. it's so much more fun being a student than working.. haha..

    well, the colleges of technology we study in basically have strict hours and sometimes stressful.. but as long as u're a bit hard-working, u'll have no problem at all.

    problems.. hmm.. almost none.. just trivial problems like groceries and homeworks.. haha.. and language problems.. well, that's true with everyone else, so it's not really a big problem

    about life in japan, it's different depending on where u go to.. if u go to tokyo, then maybe u'll need some time to get used to it.. but around kansai area, it's a lot more loose and relaxed.. but it's fun to experience diff cultures and social patterns ^^

    if u have no other choice better than this, u should take this..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still find it very hard to finally accept where i am standing right now. This evening as I was walking on the street, feeling the chilly night wind, I can't really believe all these people around me are koreans. Lol. Anyway been here for two months. Aza!

    Watasi wa ching ern desu. Ngehngehngeh..

    ReplyDelete