Monday 14 April 2008

What I've Been Up To

I haven't written for a while because I've actually forgotten that I even have a blog. (Lame excuse, I know!)

Well, my life is still as boring and uneventful as Greenland but a few things did happen to let me know that I was still alive, at the very least. First, I got the interview for JPA (or PSD = Public Service Department) scholarship. I applied for the engineering course in Japan but then when I actually got there and started talking about the course to all the other applicants there did I oh-so-suddenly realise that I should have applied for Law instead! Its not that I hate engineering or anything but I guess I could relate to Law a lot easier because of its closer connection to languages and history (which I love). Heck, what could I do then? 'Nada' is the answer.

The interview was alright but I kind of stumbled at first (with my words, mind you, not my legs) because the panel told us to introduce ourselves in Malay and my Malay totally sucks when I'm freaked out! So there I was bambling incoherently like a 2nd grader( you should have seen my face, I would have given Ron Weasley a run for his money). After the introductions were done, the panel asked us a few questions about technology and stuff and basically if you've got a half-functional brain AND have read some sort of article relating to technology in the past 2 years you could have answered them but I guess what separates the idiots from the smart-ies was how you presented your facts and stuff. I did alright, IMO. Most of the candidates in my group were probably in the Debate Club because they could speak English well and delivered their points with impressive speed and accuracy. So, of course, a full-on debate was not too far especially when the guy who sat next to me rebuked my point (in my head I was already thinking " I am so gonna get you for that!"). After that I rebuked his point and two other candidate's points too, just for good measure. I'm evil, what can I say?

All in all it was fun and was a good experience for me.

Hmm...what else? Aah, I got my TARC (Tunku Abdul Rahman College) acceptance sms and email yesterday(still waiting for the hardcopy). But I still haven't decided if I still want to go there for real for my A-Levels and the fact that I have to pay the fees and sign up by the end of this month is just putting more pressure on me. Woe is me.

Besides all the above crap I'm still waiting to see if I got accepted into Matriculation, Foundation(at a local University) and I'm also waiting to see if my application to study abroad under the MOE (Ministry of Education) was accepeted. The list of the shortlisted candidates will only be out by the 29th, I think. If I do get that, then I'll be studying English as my major. I'm actually hoping I'll really get this but only God knows if I do, well for now anyways.

Totally off topic but if any of you would like an Australian Adventure, TV3 is organising a recruitment drive in search of seven 'Aussie Ambassadors'. You'll get to travel to Australia and there'll be a camera crew following you around filming what you've been doing and what not. I actually really wanted to sign up but it says that the 'Ambassador' has to be between 20 to 35 years of age and since I'm only 18, it's pretty obvious that my tries will be futile. So, to those out there that actually have a shot at this I wish you 'Good Luck'. You can go to www.tv3.com.my/aussieadventure for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment