Friday 18 July 2008

My Date with the Doc!

Hey,

So basically all JPA kids have to have a medical check up to make sure that we're not infected with anthrax or lyme disease or whatever. The school board gave everyone a semester to do the check up and I, like everyone else decided to do it at the very last minute. Typical.

Woke up at 7 something, showered, ate a plate of watermelons and left with my dad to go the Kajang Polyclinic. It's a pretty big clinic so we thought it'd be fine. How wrong we were. Not only did we wait 2 hours mindlessly then when it was finally my turn, the doc says to me -

"You should know that all these tests will take a month, right?"

"What?! A month? I ain't got that long."

"Well yeah. We can do everything today but you'll only get the results next month."

"Hmm.. thanks... but no thanks, Doc."

"Alrighty then."

OK, he didn't actually say alrighty but that's not the point. The point is, A MONTH! Like I told that Doc, I ain't got a month. So called a friend and he said that his is only taking him around a week. He did his at a private hospital. So that would be my Plan C.

My Plan B was to go to MINDEF and have it done there. A few years back when I had to go to Australia, the whole family did the medical check up here and everything took less than a day and we got the results a few days afterwards.

So, yeah, we went there. Dad bumped(not literally) into an old friend and they started talking and whatnot. When their conversation was over and they'd said their goodbyes I asked him who that was and he says -

"Oh, that was a clerk from my old office."

"Hountodeska(Seriously)?!"

"Yeah, why?"

"She was holding an LV bag."

"So?"

Apparently, my dear dad does not realize the significance of what I'm trying to say. Exactly how much are clerks making nowadays to be able to afford such a sweet bag??! Any job openings I should know about??

Back to my ordeal, so basically after signing up and being told that there were like 3 different places that we had to go to, we went and yada yada.

Important event : I have to let it be known that I have never had my blood taken so you really can't blame me for acting the way I did.

The doc straps this velcro strip around my upper arms, swabs my vein, prods it to make it look more obvious, he gets his syring ready, taps my arms again and....


"Wait! I can't do this!"

"You kidding me?"

"No! Just hold on a minute. Let me get my grip or whatever."

"The faster we do this the quicker you can get out of here."

"Fine. I want a hand." (I say this to the other doc that was also in the same room.)

"Why?"

"I want to squeeze the life out of it."

"Fine. Have mine." (The 2nd doc gave me his hand. How nice! :p)

"OK. Now, do it."

And the 1st doc takes my blood. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt that much.

With that over, we next had to go the Institut Penyakit Respiratori I think it was called. Here, a nurse jabbed my other arm(my left) with some sort of virus to make I don'y have TB or something. I have to come back next Monday so that they can measure the size of the swelling(?!).

My dad then drove us home and I procedeed to sleep like Rip Van Winkle.





When I get the results I'll tell you how I fared.





xoxox

5 comments:

  1. TB ke? bukan hep B?

    whatever. aku sudah hantar med checkup, aah, lega.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going for my medical check up this Tuesday and I have to register at my campus slash hostel this Sunday, I wonder if I could get the results instantly. How many days you had to wait?

    ReplyDelete
  3. takahara - i SO envy you!!


    Eikha - for the TB thing you have to come back in 3 days but for the blood and urine samples, it'll take a week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. iie~ liyana..it took my only 3 days..
    along with the TB results (mantoux)..not a week~

    ReplyDelete
  5. asralf - oh. lost in translation or whatever. i stand corrected. :)

    damn, u sure get ur results fast.

    ReplyDelete