Sunday 29 May 2011

An Afternoon at Le Blanc

After I got home from that sushi lunch, I had to get ready for afternoon tea with my host family, the Nemotos.
I'd bought them some souvenirs while I was in Malaysia and wanted to give it to them. They took  me to this cute little French cafe in Mito called Le Blanc.

I could smell heaven as soon as I got out of the car.

We talked about the 3/11 earthquake and just did some catching up.

How cool is the tea set? That's the timer for your tea.

I ordered 80% Organic Cocoa. It came with a dollop of fresh cream. This is the best cocoa drink I've ever had. 

Mango Mousse Cake

Fruit Cake

Milafile

They bought 2 cakes for me take home, this is the Passionfruit Mousse

Pinafore or something, basically almond based cake.

The cool packaging for my cakes

We also stopped by at a traditional Japanese sweet shop

The cute candy

Sugar Castella, had this for breakfast. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

I always get something awesomely appetising every time we meet. I can't wait for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment