Monday 17 September 2012

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation Review

I've never used a foundation before opting instead to just stick with my mineral powder foundation but lately, I've been wanting to give them a try so I bought this. 

Note : Seeing as how it's Summer right now and was Summer during the time I used this foundation, my skin in combination-oily. I don't really get acne anymore though my skin does have a few tiny bumps and minor discolouration. 


I bought shade 53 Light Beige, which was the darkest shade the store had. There were only 3 shades anyway. Such a disappointment. It doesn't match my skin tone perfectly. I come off like 2 shades lighter but because my setting powder is my correct skin tone, the end product looks okay. Even though it is a gel foundation it doesn't look matte so if you're like me and have oily-combination skin, setting powder is a must. I love how this foundation smells. It says that it has vitamin-rich fruit therapy so I guess I'd describe the smell as being sweetly fruity. After a few hours, I notice that it'll get patchy around my nose area. I've been using this for about a month now and it hasn't broken me out. 

Application : I use a stippling brush. I wear a primer underneath to help it last longer.
Coverage   : Medium
Finish         : Dewy

How it looks on my skin after a strokes. It'll look better once blended out evenly

Pros : 
- blends easily
- smells awesome
- hydrating
- comes with a good pump

Cons :
- not recommended for oily skin, better for normal/dry skin types
- can start to get patchy around T-zone area
- only comes in 4 shades in Japan and they all kind of look the same, which I think is just ridiculous 

Note for girls who wear scarves : Setting powder is a must because without it the foundation will rub off on your scarf/hijab. 

Price : ¥2100

If you have any comments about your personal experiences using this product, don't be shy to share in the comments section :)

1 comment:

  1. assalamualaikum.

    hehhhh terkejut sekejap tengok harga dia. pergi convert. ok ok.

    Q1: kalis air ke?
    Q2: utk kulit muka macam aku ada tak?

    nvm la. aku rasa macam tak boleh pakai jugak kulit sensetap sangat.

    ReplyDelete