Sunday 16 September 2012

The Search for Someone Like Me


I am 22 years old (at the time of this post), come from Malaysia, am of Malay ethnicity and also a Muslim. My skin tone is olive/medium tan/yellow-based and I have normal-combination to oily-combination depending on where I am at the moment and what season of the year it is. I live in Japan now so my skin tends to get drier during the colder seasons.


Since coming to Japan, I've started to get into beauty and fashion. Due to the fact that I had very little knowledge in both subjects I searched the Internet for someone with similar skin tones, face shape, tastes style-wise etc to get some inspiration and knowledge from that person.

When I scoured the Internet, most of the blogs that were written by Malay girls about my age were in Malay, a combination of English and Malay or English(but with heavy sprinklings of grammatical errors. I can't stand these). However I did stumble upon a few girls that had not only impeccable English but also impeccable taste.

While searching for a blog that would mirror all the things that I love in a beauty and fashion blog, I found that it's very hard to find a person that could fulfill all the needs that I have. This is why I've decided to start putting up a few posts regarding beauty and fashion in the hopes that I can help someone just like me, someone in search of a person like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment